The Santa Fe Springs City Library is offering its fall 2023 session of Reading Club from September 18 to December 7, 2023. In our program, children are tested, then placed in small groups with children at similar levels to work with volunteer tutors on phonics, sight words and other reading skills.
If you have been informed by your child’s teacher, or suspect that he/she is having trouble reading, please call the Santa Fe Springs City Library at (562) 868-7738 and one of our staff members will provide you with more information on how to enroll your child.
- Children meet with their tutors twice a week for one hour: Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday depending on their skill level and tutor availability.
- Children must be in second to fifth grade in order to participate.
- The service is free of charge, but students must attend regularly.
- All materials are provided, but applying for a library card is recommended.
- Students must test below certain standards in order to be eligible for the program.
- While we try to make tutoring sessions as convenient as possible, we cannot guarantee that a specific session or time will be available.
- Reading club is held in three sessions a year, with each session lasting 8-12 weeks. Students can continue to register for Reading Club until they finish elementary school or succeed in building their reading skills high enough to test out of the program.